PUBG Mobile 1.2 update has been released and it seems to be something different from the earlier versions. Now the characters have some special abilities and we call them “Runic Powers”. They are a part of a larger update that is going to be forecasted in the new Season starting from Jan, 19th. It can be tried out right now with the 1.2 update.
PUBG Mobile Latest Update
As we all know, PUBG Mobile tries to give something with every update. This time they have added Runic Powers and each player has three powers at their disposal. Each of them has a different purpose and players can have only one at a time. The powers are named “The Flame Rune, Artic Rune, and Wind Rune”.
The new Runes have the following:
- Summon skill – Summons a semi-transparent shield of wind that reduces the damage of bullets shot from outside the shield.
- Boost skill – Increases your movement and reload speed.
- Summon skill – Summons a wheel of flame that rolls forward slowly, dealing burn damage to enemy players it touches.
- Boost skill – Adds a burning effect to your Ammo for a short time.
- Summon skill – Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately. When the ice wall appears, it will lift up players or vehicles directly above them.
- Boost skill – Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing.
PUBG Mobile Global also tweeted on their official Twitter Handle :
Erangel is looking a bit different today ⛰️👀 Ancient runes from another world have brought three special powers with them. Which rune will you choose to dominate the battlefield? 🔥❄️🌬️ #RUNICPOWER #PUBGM1.2
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) January 12, 2021
The PUBG Mobile Devs also mentioned that they can test out these runes in a “Unique Version of Erangle”. Each rune comes with both Summon and Boost skills which can be reobtained by looting across the map.
Features Of PUBG Mobile 1.2 Update
#1 – Runic Power mode
Players can choose their rune energy type on the spawn island, and each type has two different skills – Summon and Boost. Gamers can use these skills to outclass foes on the battlefield and get the Chicken Dinner.
#2 – Famas Assault Rifle
The PUBG Mobile 1.2 update has also added a new Assault rifle. This AR will be exclusive to Livik Map and will be using 5.56mm ammunition. Players can carry up to 25 ammo in the gun and have the fastest fire rate among ARs in PUBG.
#3 – Sniper Rifle Enhancements
The PUBG Mobile devs have made several changes to the Sniper Rifles according to the patch notes:
- Increased the damage of the Kar98K and M24.
- Shortened the interval between shots for the Kar98K and M24.
- Slightly increased the bolt action speed of the Kar98K and M24.
#4 – Cancel Reloading and Improved Power Consumption on iOS Devices
The devs have introduced a feature to cancel the reloading in the game. Like in the COD Mobile while reloading, if the player taps on a shoot, it stops reloading and shoots the enemy. Now the PUBG devs have added the same feature in the game as well. Players just need to tap the shoot button to stop reloading.
There were many complaints about the overheating issue on iOS devices. The devs have tried to fix it in this latest update.
Of Course, fans in India won’t be able to enjoy it because of the ban of PUBG Mobile Global in India. But some good news for Indian fans that this update is available for the Korean version as well. If you are an android user, the game can be downloaded through Taptap App. For the iOS user, the address needs to be changed to Korea in the App Store and then they shall be able to download it.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is an online multiplayer battle royale game developed and published by PUBG Corporation. This game was released for Microsoft Windows and as a Beta version(Early Access) on steam and later on, it was released in September 2018 for Xbox and Xbox One.