Pokemon Go’s January 2021 Events are announced by Niantic and there is a lot of upcoming new content to get excited for. New events, raids are all coming to Pokemon Go in January as Niantic revealed in its official blog post. So, let’s dig deeper into what new gameplay content is coming in Pokemon Go for the New Year Celebration.
Pokemon Go: Research Breakthrough
Players will encounter Chansey pokemon in Research Breakthroughs from January 1, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. to Monday, February 1, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
Also Read: The Best Mobile Games of 2020
Pokemon Go: January Raids
In Pokemon Go January raids, you will see the return of different Legendary Pokemons making their way into the game. Check out the detailed schedule of Pokemons appearing in the January raids below.
- Ho-Oh will be appearing in raids starting Friday, January 1, 4 p.m. EST until Tuesday, January 5, at 10 a.m. local time. Shiny Ho-Oh will also be available during this time.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in raids from Tuesday, January 5, at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, January 12, at 10 a.m. local time.
- Heatran will be appearing in raids from Tuesday, January 12, at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, January 19, at 10 a.m. local time. Shiny Heatran will also be available during this time.
- Kyogre and Groudon will be appearing in raids from Tuesday, January 19, at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, January 26, at 10 a.m. local time. Both Shinies will be available.
- A surprise Pokémon will be appearing in raids beginning on Tuesday, January 26, at 10 a.m. local time.
You will also notice the appearance of new Mega-Evolved Pokemons in the Mega Raids which will start as per the schedule mentioned below.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow are set to appear in Mega Raids from Tuesday, January 5, at 10 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, at 10 a.m. local time.
- On Tuesday, January 19, a certain Mega-Evolved Pokémon is making its Pokémon Go debut in Mega Raids.
- Mega Venusaur and Mega Houndoom will be making their return in Mega Raids beginning on January 19
Pokemon Go: January Spotlight Hours
Spotlight Hours is the limited time period in which you can catch a certain pokemon by earning special in-game bonuses. The January Spotlight Hours are as follow:
- Tuesday, January 5: Lillipup will be in the spotlight, catching the Pokémon offers you twice the Stardust.
- Tuesday, January 12: Drifloon will be in the spotlight, catching the Pokémon offers you twice the XP.
- Tuesday, January 19: Shroomish will be in the spotlight, catching the Pokémon offers you twice the Candy.
- Tuesday, January 26: Phanpy will be in the spotlight, transferring the Pokémon offers you twice the Candy.
Pokemon Go: 3 New Upcoming Events
1. New Year’s Event
The New Year event of Pokemon Go starts from December 31st, 2020, and last until January 4th, 2021. During this time of the event, new avatar items will be available to users along with a new Slowpoke pokemon to catch.
2. Community Day Event
This Pokemon Go event featuring Machop will take place on the 16th of January, 2021.
3. Pokemon Go Tour
In this event, players will explore some of the regions like Unova, Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Johto starting from January 5. Each region will celebrate its own event lasting for one single week.
Coming Soon: Collection Challenges
Collection Challenges is the new feature that is coming to Pokemon Go in January. With this, you will be provided a handy guide with which you can catch Pokemon featured during certain events.